OFF :Monkeys

Christian Mumford christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO
Mon Nov 18 06:39:22 EST 1996

>And have you noticed that *every* episode of The Simpsons has a monkey
>in it _somewhere_? :)
>--
>Jon Browne

I always thought they all kinda looked like monkeys, but I never noticed
any other 'hidden' monkeys. There was of course the Halloween special some
years ago with the King Kong segment, with the famous line aboard the boat,
when the captain says to Marge; 'Women and seamen don't mix'.

But, I really think monkeys were the sole reason Silver Machine became a
hit, and if Ron Tree became Ron Bastard again, and Hawkwind started
featuring monkeys on everything they put out, they'd become massive among
monkey-loving punks. Other cool things that DC editors in the 60's swore by
to sell books were motorcycles, purple, fire and crying characters (check
that monkey issue of Secret Origins for the official details!). Hmmm...
guess I'll have to re-do my cover sketches for Hawkwind comix.....

Christian