BOC: CN on CD

Mon Nov 18 08:35:13 EST 1996

Shawn writes:

Correct me if I am mistaken...

I thought another major difference between the UK CN and the American CN
was that the American version contains the into by Howard Stern for When
the War Comes.  I believe I have a CD version that does not contain this
intro - and that implies that the english version, at least in part, is
on CD.  The CD I am speaking of is the SONY version with 1992 and 1985
release dates.  I also have a holland version - dated 1985 as well -
and it contains the intro.

Now I'm confused.  I thought the Stern intro was *only* on the U.S.
version, but I may be mistaken (will have to check my Holland version
again -- I get confused as I have the UK mix on a tape).  Send me via
a private e-mail (jswartz at mitre.org) the catalog #'s on the sides of
the CD and I'll check them against mine.  Also, any noticible differences
in the tracks, or liner notes (e.g. mispelling "Make Rock Not War" as
"Rock on Wars").  Also, the way I determine definitively the UK version
is whether or not "White Flags" ends by fade-out or not (only the UK
version does not fade out as far as I know).

John