HW: Opal Butterfly/Sam Gopal's Dream

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Wed Nov 20 10:49:23 EST 1996

simon wrote:

> Reply to Jon Browne about Re: HW: Opal Butterfly/Sam Gopal's Dream
> >In message <199611190902.KAA13468 at kirov.eunet.no>, Christian Mumford
> ><christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO> writes
> >>Does anybody have any info on these obscure bands which Lemmy played guitar
> >>in before joining Hawkwind? From what I gather they were 60's psych bands -
> >>have they ever released anything with or without with Lemmy?
> >>
> >>Christian
>
> I believe that someone recently released a compilation cd of Rockin' Vicars
> stuff with Lemmy. I'm sure I saw it in Record collector. Possibly on RPM
> records. Was it the Vicars or one of Lemmy's other pre-Hawks bands?

It was in the November '95 issue. The actual album title appears to be
"Lifelines-Complete", and the code is RETRO 803.
The CD apparantly contains all their singles, a rare track released only
in Finland, plus six unreleased tracks.

It is available from Cee Dee Mail. You can probably get it from other
RPM outlets as well.

William