OFF: Elric film

Joseph Brooks jbrooks at CONNECTNET.COM
Sat Nov 23 07:35:18 EST 1996

At 11:32 AM 11/23/96 GMT, you wrote:
>A mate of mine was at a book signing in Guildford with Mike Moorcock recently.
>
>MM, after the signing, did a short talk. It turns out he has had several
offers to do an Elric film, to which he was enthusastic, until they told him
who was to play Elric.....Brad Pitt !!! MM immediatly withdrew support for
thw whole project, which has since fallen through.

>Blimey ! Holloywood, they sure have some strange ideas for casting.
>
>Anyone got any better ideas for the role ? (We know which 2 bands should do
the soundtrack !)

He's too old now but Jonny Winter would've been good.. He has actually done
some acting too.. (I forget.. a small part in some action flick..)
     _
  | | \   *jbrooks at connectnet.com                   | "What ever you do,
  | | <   *http://www2.connectnet.com/~jbrooks      |  take care of your
|_| |_/   *WALSTIB / Keep our Internet free!        |  shoes" -- Phish