Tangerine Dream

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Nov 23 10:13:56 EST 1996

Craig A. Shipley wrote:

> Well, considering that it is the new version of Tangerine Dream, It probably won't be too good at all...
> Time was that I would have killed to hear this, now I just don't care about the new TD at all. Sad...
>
> But if anyone is real interested in "attending" this concert, a perusal of the official TD WWW page would probably point them in the right direction as far as the time and the s/w needed. I've forgotten what the WWW address is, so, go fish...
>
> Craig Shipley
> craigs at pyramid.com

I read an interview with Christopher Franke (ex-member for those
unaware), where he says that the reason he left the band was because
Edgar Froese was no longer interested in doing long pieces, and wanted
to do shorter, commercial tracks. Christopher Franke believes that by
limiting the music to shorter pieces removed all the experimentation and
dramatic content from their music.

Anyone else noticed how ex-members sound more like TD than TD do???

William