HW: RHCP swiping Orgone Accumulator?

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.ORG
Sun Nov 24 01:03:55 EST 1996

At 11:55 PM 11/20/96 +0800, you wrote:

>> In message <199611201034.LAA12170 at kirov.eunet.no>, Christian Mumford
>> <christian.mumford at LOGIN.EUNET.NO> writes
>> >When I played 'Orgone Accumulator' for a rommate of mine once, he remarked
>> >that Red Hot Chili Peppers must have lifted the funky bassline from this HW
>> >song

This is just ignorant! Considering that "higher ground," is a Stevie Wonder
song, how could Flea have lifted it from Hawkwind? Come on, it is a simple
progression of E,G,A; I wonder which drummer lifted the idea of the kick
being on the 1's and 3's and the snare being on the 2's and 4's; maybe he or
she is a fan of hawkwind also. Perhaps Hawkwind are fans of Stevie Wonder...
-Bryan(not john majka, but his fedup roommate)