Diversion!, really BOH and cappuccino

Brad M. Lauchnor blauchno at DEQ.STATE.UT.US
Mon Nov 25 13:02:46 EST 1996

>>> John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG> 11/25/96 08:00am

"Cappuccino!"

        --- The Brain Surgeons, "Overture," _Box of Hammers_

That's what I *thought* they were sayin' -- it seemed too wacky to be
true.  Hey Al, this wouldn't have been meant as a BOC-L reference to
former member of this list with a fondness for coffee? ;-)

I have only listened to BOH a couple of times and refuse to judge any
album until I have listened to it repeatedly. But at this point in time I will
say that there are some great tunes on BOH. The culmination of this disk
is overture. I nearly peed my pants when I heard the "Cappuccino" line.
Thanks, Al for having a sense of humor about your own work. Damn!,
but that was funny. (Include "Tender was the Night" in that too).

BTW I sense that the end of BOH and Trep. are good ol' bronx cheers to
the "other guys". Kind of a "it's my music so screw you" challenge.
"Revenge of a thousand guitars", indeed.

Brad L.   blauchno at deq.state.ut.us