Hawks & BOC not in Vatican top ten

Yuri Elik uriah at HERMITAGE.RU
Mon Nov 25 16:30:34 EST 1996

M Holmes wrote:

> >From an article by Richard Owen:
>
> On the front of the London Times today is an article concerning the
> denunciation of "hard rock" as an "instrument of the devil" and the
> urging of young people nto avoid it for fear of endangering their souls.

> Young people were warned against "subliminal stanic influence" in songs
> by the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, Queen, Led Zeppelin, and
> the Eagles.

How silly... it reminds me very much it reminds me very much of the
efforts spent by Soviet authorities to ban rock music. The Beatles were
more or less in favor (mostly because of Lennon's "progressive" activity
- fight for peace etc.), but Pink Floyd were also among capital
offenders (the real reason were the words "Brezhnev took Afghanistan" on
The Final Cut)

> Vatican officials later included Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath and AC/DC
> in the "worst offenders" category and informed that "AC/DC" stood not
> for alternating current, not even for bisexuality, but for "Anti-Christ,
> Death to Christ".

Hmm... how dit he forgot Arthur Brown and Sex Pistols? ;)
Well, Brown is not especially active these days (so most likely rev.
Joseph just never heard the name), but Pistols have re-appeared recently

Yuri