HW: Castle Masters Collection

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Nov 26 13:05:46 EST 1996

Daniel Wikdahl writes:

> hi
>
> I've bought a very cheap used HW CD called "Castle Masters Collection"...
> ...does anybody know the story behind the songs (when they were recorded,
> why they don't appear on any album (maybe the do, but I haven't seen them
> anywhere) why the sound quality is so poor etc) "Hash Cake '77", "Came Home"
> and "Dealing with the Devil".

1991  Castle Masters Collection
        Douglas in the Jungle
        British Tribal Music
        Quark, Strangeness, and Charm
        Hurry on Sundown
        The War
        Master of the Universe
        Hash Cake '77
        Came Home
        Urban Guerilla
        High Rise
        Magnu
        Silver Machine
        World of Tiers
        Dealing With The Devil
        Ghost Dance
        Motorhead
        Spirit of the Age

This is one of the not terribly good compilations that seem to be issued
periodically for Hawkwind.   In this case the date of issue is
surprisingly late and Castle Communications were a legitimate outlet for
Hawkwind for a while so it's one of the official issues (I think!).    It
mostly comprises tracks taken from the Anthology/Acid Daze set but for
full details of each track see the Codex.   That'll tell you where the
original versions appear.

> Some songs sounds like edited versions ,like the track "Masters of the
> Universe" a live version with only one verse (is it called verse in
> English?!?)...is this the way it is
> or am I completely wrong...
>
> And one more... is there a HW FAQ somewhere???

not as such but if the discography and codex can't answer your questions
we'll do our best here!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk