HW: Castle Masters Collection

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Wed Nov 27 15:52:00 EST 1996

skarsol wrote:
> i may be wrong,but are you referring to the castle-released hw
> anthology,the three disk set in the blue sleeve box,with the robot-hand
> holding the word anthology tween finger and thumb?if so,its not the same
> title.it is called "hawkwind anthology",and is basically selected tracks
> from the samurai anthologies,levitation,live chronicles,xenon,space
> bandits,and some others,maybe.with a nice little booklet.
> i got this used,but in mint condition,for 15 dollars. i celebrated.
> if this is not what you mean,apologies.      rj

        Actually, I believe it's my fault. What I was refering to was
"Hawkwind: The Collection", produced by Castle Communications. Don't
know if anyone's got this, but most of the songs sound as if they're on
the castle masters collection. Here's the track list anyway...

1. Silver Machine (Live)
2. Born to Go
3. Dealing with the Devil
4. Urban Guerilla
5. Master of the Universe
6. Who's Gonna Win the War
7. Hash Cake `77
8. Motorhead
9. Quark Strangeness & Charm
10. Douglas in the Jungle
11. Space is Deep
12. Bring it on Home
13. Earth Calling
14. Angels of Death
15. Spirit of the Age

        This reminds me, two of the songs on this CD seem to be covers of other
bands - Dealing with the Devil(S.Williamson) & Bring it on Home
(W.Dixon). Is this the case? The writers of these songs are not familar.

-Max Wilcox