HW: Castle Masters Collection

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIALWARE.COM
Wed Nov 27 17:21:37 EST 1996

Max sez:

        This reminds me, two of the songs on this CD seem to be covers of
other
bands - Dealing with the Devil(S.Williamson) & Bring it on Home
(W.Dixon). Is this the case? The writers of these songs are not familar.

Don't listen to the blues enough then !!

Sonny Boy Williamson (probably the elder I imagine)  and Willie Dixon
who wrote a good chunk of Muddy Waters catalog, and enough classic blues
songs to keep those royalty checks from the Stones/Zep/Yardbirds/you-name-it
rolling in. (doubt he made much off of Dave Brocks version though ;-) )
Strictly these are pre-Hawkwind tracks I believe.

Cheers,
Steve L.