OFF: Tentacles of the Ozric variety

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Wed Nov 27 14:54:50 EST 1996

Max Wilcox wrote:

> I just got a hold of the Cleopatra compilation: "Space Daze" and I must
> say that amongst all of the great songs on it, one that stood out is the
> Ozric Tentacles' "Sploosh!". I heard someone mention a couple of days
> ago that they'd gone down the plug-hole recently. Is this true? I
> haven't heard anything else from them, are they worth checking out?
> Which album does Sploosh! come from?
>         Thanks...
> -Max Wilcox

sploosh is from 'strangetude.'  when i first heard ozrics,i flipped and
bought it all. i regret it,as its all much the same.imo,all ya need is
'afterswish',which has a good assortment of the music.i have seen OT
three times,and each show was nearly identical,despite new material,
and changing line-up. i still like them,the music is good,and so is the
spirit.  i just think you only need so much,like maybe buy a disc,play
it out,then trade it for a new one?   rj