HW: 1st Album

Thu Nov 28 06:19:59 EST 1996

> Actually, this sounds like an opening to ask other people what their
> first HW albums were, if that sounds like an interesting thread.

     It's been done, but it's a fair enough multiple-repeat :)

     First HW I ever heard was _Xenon Codex_ which my old mate Ben Cash
(once of this list, long ago) got on cassette.  He had joined boc-l for the
BOC content and thought all this "Hawkwind" stuff sounded interesting.  We
though _XC_ was pretty keen :)
     But the first HW I properly heard was _Palace Springs_, since I found
the CD going cheap second-hand and remembered that that "Hawkwind" stuff I
had heard had been pretty cool.  This was rapidly followed by _Hall of the
Mountain Grill_ which was also going cheap.

     And then, between the mighty onslaught of "Assault & Battery/Golden
Void" and "Psychedelic Warlords (Disappear in Smoke)", there was no escape.
 Before long I had a taped copy of Space Ritual--this was back in the days
not-so-long-ago when we believed it would *never* be issued on CD, much
less *remastered*.  Ah, it was the bass ritual, and it sealed my fate :)

     And now I'm very poor, but I have lots of Hawkwind (and some cool
musical instruments) and I can't say I would do it any differently if I
could :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
Dept. of ASNAC, University of Cambridge            -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)