OFF: Tentacles of the Ozric variety

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Nov 28 08:57:56 EST 1996

Max Wilcox wrote:

> I just got a hold of the Cleopatra compilation: "Space Daze" and I must
> say that amongst all of the great songs on it, one that stood out is the
> Ozric Tentacles' "Sploosh!". I heard someone mention a couple of days
> ago that they'd gone down the plug-hole recently. Is this true? I
> haven't heard anything else from them, are they worth checking out?

A recent issue of the UK mag "Sound on Sound", possibly still the
current one, has an interview with the band, where they also talk about
their influences (Hawkwind, etc..).
As it is a fairly recent interview then, if they have split, it would
have only very recently happened. It does say, however, that two of
their members, who have a splinter group called Eat Static, had recently
left to carry on the other band (an electronic band) full time.
I saw them as support for Hawkwind when I was in the UK on holiday in
89. They were excellent.

A track by them appears on the "Travellers Aid Trust" album.

William