HW: First album I got

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Nov 28 09:11:52 EST 1996

        First one I got was the Spirit of the Age comp., on the grounds
that (a) it had Silver Machine on it, which I knew, (b) it was on tape, so
I could play it, and was the only HW tape in the shop, and (c), it was
only £6.49. Not a bad choice, although the concentration on `Levitation'
tracks left me a little unprepared for `Space Ritual' when Carl and I
finally met... I don't think the Levitation stuff is as bad as some
people on BOC-L do, but it is prog-rock, not BLANGA. Whether it's proper
HW or just Dave doing homage to Huw is something for other people to
discuss... Yours,
                  Jon

 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                      |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk         |
 | "Now, back me up on this, but isn't it always the same? You've just   |
 | got on the phone and the bath starts running? Back me up!" Harry Hill |