HW: 1st Album

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Nov 28 09:40:05 EST 1996

Back in the 70's I heard the Pink Floyd track "Echoes", which was the
kind of music I had never really heard done by a rock band, however,
other tracks by Pink Floyd, good as they are, never stirred the same
emotions. I then searched for other bands, and came across Tangerine
Dream, who almost recreated that feeling. Then, one evening, I was
listening to the radio (YES. THE RADIO), and heard what the announcer
said was a rare piece of music by a band called Hawkwind. The track(s)
they played were "Countdown" and "Born to Go". I then rushed out the
next day and bought their current release, "Roadhawks". It was
brilliant, though the track I really wanted,"Countdown", was missing. I
then bought "Space Ritual", then "Warrior on...", and so on.

Christian Mumford wrote:

> Now, I, like many others on this list,
> live in poverty with at least 50 Hawkwind records (not much compared to some of
> you!!) and I'll ramble on about Hawkwind to anybody whenever I lose control
> of myself. When I die, I want to be buried with all my HW stuff, and I want my
> funeral music to be either 'Born to Go' or perhaps 'Wind of Change', depending
> on whether I have a sense of humor or if I'm overly sentimental when I write
> my will... Hawkwind was probably the band that 'broke' my tastes in modern music
> beyond just rock and into uncharted territory...
>
> Christian

Ditto.
I also want their music played at my wedding (if it ever happens), and
birthday parties. I had to suffer my 21st, when my brother insisted that
nobody wants to listen to my racket, and then he spent the rest of the
night playing Bee Gees, Village People, etc., etc.

Anyway, I'm starting to ramble.

Bye for now,

William