OFF: Tentacles of the Ozric variety sort of

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Thu Nov 28 06:05:16 EST 1996

Mike Parkington wrote:

> Max,
>
> I have only one Ozrics CD, Arborescense. I have enjoyed listening to this
> many a time. I have been advised that "that's not real Ozrics material,
> it's crap" but I would advise anyone who is into HW and the like to give it
> a listen. I have listened to a variety of their other albums but this one
> suits my taste the best.

when this cd came out,i thot it was terrific.after ten or twelve
listens,tho,i began to view it as typical ozrics. i am curious as to who
would say this isn't real ozrics,or that it is crap.my guess is that it
is someone who is miffed,at the absence of roly on bass.that is the only
difference i've found between arborescence and the earlier material.
some of the tracks have a slight rave/techno lean,which to me is
disappointing,but the other tracks kick.   rj