OFF: Re: addictions,was re:HW: Re 1st Album

skarsol skarsol at EROLS.COM
Thu Nov 28 12:23:51 EST 1996

William Duffy wrote:

> My own first experience listening to Hawkwind was with TEA. I have never
> experimented with other drugs of any kind (and that includes alchohol),
> therefore I have always experienced Hawkwind cold! In the raw!
>
> I even know of other fans who are non-consumers of that particular
> entity. I can tell you, however, that we all have addictions of another
> kind. CD'S and Videos! I personally cannot afford any other form of
> addiction. Especially since I seem to be buying at least one new HW
> related CD each month!!!
>
> William

not to put too fine a point on it,but there are addictions,and then
addictions.i have been addicted to drugs b4, but never to psychedelics.
that is not to say that i haven't used them extensively.
my only addictions now,are caffiene,and nicotine.not to say that should
be taken lightly,thye are two very bad substances.
strange thing:
i quit enjoying grateful dead shows,about the same time i quit dosing.
i dosed at one hw show,and that recently.it was incredible.at least till
the lights came on at the end.then it was just something to deal with.
i dont think i will do it again.
my wallet can afford it,but my brain-cells are very much against it.
rj