First HW (was: HW: Castle Masters Collection)

Yuri Elik uriah at HERMITAGE.RU
Thu Nov 28 18:28:57 EST 1996

Paul G Ward wrote:
> >         Actually, this sounds like an opening to ask other people
> > what their            first HW albums were, if that sounds like an
> > interesting thread.
>
> Well, it's that long ago that I can't remember the first I actually
> bought ... it was either Space Ritual or Quark I think. The first HW
> track I ever heard was "Robot" from PXR-5 .... on the radio one night
> back in 79. I had the above two albums within a few weeks of that
> night!
And for me the first HW song I ever heard was "Kings Of Speed" on Voice
Of America or BBC - don't remember exactly - back in ol' 75 (or was it
76?). And my first album was Doremi Fasol Latido 13 years later... the
first one I met in my homeland...

Another funny thing is that about the same time I got a first russian
translation of Mike Moorcock's Corum trilogy - and was absolutely
fascinated by it. So when later I have learned about HW-Moorcock
connection, it was really strange experience for me... I felt it wasn't
just coincidence...

> As far as suggesting a HW album for a newbie, that's damn hard ...
As for me, I think I'v got just what I required... Both DFL and WatEoT
are terribly good albums

Yuri