Possible Dave Brock/Richard connection

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Tue Oct 1 01:37:39 EDT 1996

At 03:06 PM 9/27/96 +0200, you wrote:
>J Strobridge wrote:
>>

>> So whatever happened to Danny Thompson?

I was recording in at a small studio in Ipswich when I got talking to the
engineer. He was very good friends with Danny and it turned out that he
recorded all the demo tracks for his new band at the same place. I heard
some of the tracks and they all sounded OK.

I didn't find out what he was up to after that, I only know that he was
trying to get a deal with a company for his new band and was hanging out in
East Anglia.

 On another note, did you know that Clive Deamer (Hawkwind's drummer for
1984) played with the 'Big Town Playboys' when they recorded the tribute to
Gene Vincent with Jeff Beck a couple of years ago (called 'Crazy Legs')? and
Rob Heaton (New Model Army's drummer) was the Hawkwind roadie at the around
the same time. . he even filled in a few times for them.

One of the tea ladies that used to work at my old place was Terry Ollis'
sister. . . it's a small world filled with Hawkwind drummers!!!

Yours,
        Star Rats