Possible Dave Brock/Richard connection

Rob etlrbsy at ETLXDMX.ERICSSON.SE
Tue Oct 1 10:42:51 EDT 1996

>  On another note, did you know that Clive Deamer (Hawkwind's drummer for
> 1984) played with the 'Big Town Playboys' when they recorded the tribute to
> Gene Vincent with Jeff Beck a couple of years ago (called 'Crazy Legs')? and
> Rob Heaton (New Model Army's drummer) was the Hawkwind roadie at the around
> the same time. . he even filled in a few times for them.

   Rob Heaton gets drumming credits on Utopia Live and also I believe
  on the single which has Green Finned Demon on it.
   When I saw NMA in the Shetland Islands in '92 I spent about an hour
  chatting to Rob in a club, unfortunately I didn't know at the time
  that he was an ex-Hawkwind member so I didn't ask any questions about
  that.

   Come to think about it that means there is also a Hawkwind-Tom Jones
  connection. At the same time that Hawkwind did "Give Me Shelter" with
  Sam Fox, NMA did an excellent version of the song with Tom Jones.

    bye - Rob

       bye _ Rob