HW: danny thompson/richard thompson question answered

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Oct 1 14:18:04 EDT 1996

> Tired of incessant posts, I asked a friend who's a good friend of Richard to
> clear up the question:
> "Danny Thompson is Richard's friend, and fellow Muslim, and NOT a child
> (almost same age, or else Danny is older than Richard)
> OK?

        Although just to be incessant :)  I feel compelled to distinguish
between the elder DT (the one who plays with Richard) and the elder DT's
son (also named Danny) who _was_ a drummer in Hawkwind and is (presumably)
younger than his father :)

        I think the similarity in names of father and son combined with
lack of people both familiar with Hawkwind _and_ the UK folk(rock) scene
led to the confusion initially.

Cheers,
Carl