Hawkwind and Bjork

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Oct 3 17:53:56 EDT 1996

Philosophical Phil writes:

> Can anyone remember the name of the Sugarcubes (Icelandic band that Bjork
> orginally became famous with) track that appeared on the Hawkwind organised
> double album of festival bands.  I think it was called Traitor, it was included
> in the pressing by mistake, and, though some of you won't believe this, it's
> actually a really good track.  If I remember rightly the record company had to
> withdraw and destroy those albums and re-issue them sans Sugarcubes.
> It came to mind while reading the postings and now it's bugging me.  The albums
> aPhil

oh - I know, that's the Traveller's Aid Trust album.   I think Brian
Tawn has the info written down somewhere, I'll see if I can find it
again.

Apparently the track name was never printed on the album cover itself
but some of the vinyls were pressed including it so the only way to tell
if you've got the extra track is to count the number of tracks on the
vinyl and see if there's one extra!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk