Hawkwind and Bjork

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Thu Oct 3 13:32:46 EDT 1996

> Can anyone remember the name of the Sugarcubes (Icelandic band that Bjork
> orginally became famous with) track that appeared on the Hawkwind organised
> double album of festival bands.  I think it was called Traitor, it was included
> in the pressing by mistake, and, though some of you won't believe this, it's
> actually a really good track.

        I remember hearing about this, but never encountered the actual
item.  And of course "Traitor" was a great track--the whole first
'Cubes album was excellent (the second weren't bad, especially the
Icelandic version, but the third was crap and the last doesn't count,
partially due to being remixes and partially due to being unspeakably
awful).
        I actually bought the first Bjork solo album, but eventually
ditched it--not my thing, and not at all as good as early 'Cubes or
Kukl (I think I have their only two LPs).  I used to be way active
on the old Sugarcubes email list, but abandoned ship when it became
the domain of no-lifes drooling over Bjork ;)

        Damned if this has anything to do with the _TAT_ pressing error :)

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson    "Ein var tha tunga a Englandi sem i Noregi ok i
ASNAC Department         Danmorku.  En tha skiptust tungur i Englandi
Univeristy of Cambridge  er Vilhjalmr bastardr vann England. Gekk thadan
Cambridge, England       af i Englandi valska er hann var thadan aettadr"
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                - Gunnlaugs saga ormstungu, Kap. 7