Hawkwind and Bjork

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Thu Oct 3 13:49:20 EDT 1996

>> Can anyone remember the name of the Sugarcubes (Icelandic band that Bjork
>> orginally became famous with) track that appeared on the Hawkwind organised
>> double album of festival bands.  I think it was called Traitor, it was
included
>> in the pressing by mistake, and, though some of you won't believe this, it's
>> actually a really good track.  If I remember rightly the record company
had to
>> withdraw and destroy those albums and re-issue them sans Sugarcubes.
>
>oh - I know, that's the Traveller's Aid Trust album.   I think Brian
>Tawn has the info written down somewhere, I'll see if I can find it
>again.
>
>Apparently the track name was never printed on the album cover itself
>but some of the vinyls were pressed including it so the only way to tell
>if you've got the extra track is to count the number of tracks on the
>vinyl and see if there's one extra!

I got both vinyl variations, and there's a big difference between the sleeves.

My 'Sugarcube' TAT has the name "HAWKWIND" written in orange over the front
cover TAT logo, the "shelf side" entitles the album to "T.A.T." HAWKWIND,
and back side has only the track names printed to the 4 vinyl sides.
When you see it for the first time, you may think this is a Hawkwind album.

My 'Non Sugarcube' TAT has just the TAT logo and 'name circle' on front
cover, 'shelf side' claims just "T.A.T." and back cover includes group names
to the track lists.

Both those copies were bought when TAT was brand new.
The labels are identical.

Rob Godwin talks in the Illustated Collector's Guide book about two
different booklets - both 16pg - both mine is 32pg - anyone who has seen the
16pg one?

\\joe