HW: what I finally bought...

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Thu Oct 3 15:53:31 EDT 1996

> >PS "Urban Guerilla" is still the best HW song I've heard -so what will I
> >have to buy next? DS
>
> 'Chronicle of the Black Sword'  & 'Live Chronicles' have plenty, since
> there's the Moorcock bridge (and 'Black Blade' would fit right in), as well

I would have to agree here, except in the other order.  I would
recommend _Live Chronicles_ as an excellent example of a rockin',
kick-ass sort of album.  It is, of course, even better than _Space
Ritual_ (in spite of what some lesser-informed members of this list
might think :-).  _CotBS_ is the studio album that preceded the _LC_
album, but I don't think it has the same urgent feeling.  While I
think _CotBS_ is great, Hawkwind is at their best live in this period.

Frank
ObCD: A Saucerful of Pink - A Tribute to Pink Floyd
ObTrack: Nik Turner - Careful with that Axe, Eugene

Frank Weil | frankw at comm.mot.com | phone: (847) 576-3110 | fax: (847) 576-3240

Q: Were you aquainted with the deceased?
A: Yes, sir.
Q: Before or after he died?
      -- Disorder in the Court: a Collection of 'Transquips' by Richard Lederer