OFF: Country Music

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Fri Oct 4 06:33:39 EDT 1996

> You know, I have great sympathy for country music fans, because they get the
> piss taken even more than heavy metal fans (if that's possible).  It's just
> another bit of mindless stereotyping, imo.
>
> - Andy

Errrmm, don't you think there is rather a lot of truth in some of the
stereotypes? We all laughed at Spinal Tap didn't we, cos it was so true?
When I look at the records I bought in my youth, I realise that *I* was
living the heavy metal stereotype.

Anyway, I thought the country music thing was hilarious!

Dave

Dave Hardman
Department of Psychology                Word of the day:
City University
Northampton Square                      "Inverinate" (verb) -
London EC1V 0HB                                 To spot that both people
                                                in a heated argument are
Phone: +44 0171 4778000 x4540                   talking complete rubbish
Fax:   +44 0171 4778581
                                        (from "The Deeper Meaning of Liff"
                                        by Douglas Adams and John Lloyd)