HW US TOUR 97

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Fri Oct 4 19:17:58 EDT 1996

>THIS MAY BE TRUE,BECAUSE DOUG DOESNT SEEM TO GET HIS MESSAGES.
>DALE,YOU ARE, HOWEVER,NOT THE ONLY CONNECTION ON THE PLANET.SUCH CLAIMS ARE
OBNOXIOUS
>AND LAUGHABLE.
>I AM OFFERING GENUINE ASSISTANCE HERE.MY CONTACT HAS BEEN WAITING FOR A
RESPONSE.
>IF THE HELP IS NOT DESIRED THE MANAGEMENT CAN LET ME KNOW,AND I WILL STOP
MY EFFORTS.
>AND ANYONE WHO CLAIMS MY WORD IS HEARSAY,  PISS OFF.

>>>Listen here, I am just relaying the message from DS's office! If he tells
me he hasn't been contacted, who am I to dispute that since he would know
better than I. There is no 'office bimbo' and I'm sure that if the intention
to set up HW gigs in the US was put forward clearly, it would not be ignored
since this is what they have been looking to do for ages. This is the
problem of going through two or more people, no-one really knows what's been
said, who's been phoned, what messages were left and what follow up action
was needed.

I was also asked to relay that if anyone  wants to get a message to DS from
this list or via the web,  and be sure that he gets it, the best way is to
go through this address - and that's all that was meant!!!!.  I speak to
Doug very often and call him if anything of importance comes through.

I've also had tons of offers of help and can't get back to everyone.
Although there have been lots of messages stating good intentions, there has
been no DEFINITE plans sent through to me or the band.

By DEFINITE offers, we mean plans that detail the venue, promotion,
accomodation, travel arrangements and contract details. These plans don't
have to be finalized, but a serious attempt to set up ANY gig would all have
these things listed. Anyone that has requested the sort of info needed to
set up these gigs have been sent it, but no-one has followed up.

We have had a few contacts that also haven't been forgotten and will be
contacted when it actually looks as though the band will be coming over to
the US. It's no good calling everyone up if the band can't actually go for
some other reason.

So, if you have a contact that is ready to go, send through a contact
name/phone/fax number and it WILL be passed on to DS immediatly!!

Star Rats