HW: Hawkwind

Jon Jarrett jaj20 at HERMES.CAM.AC.UK
Sat Oct 5 21:02:07 EDT 1996

        Dear All,
                  I got this on a very old tape copy over the summer and
the more I listen to it the more I come to the conclusion that it's
worryingly like `Ummagumma', particularly in the drum work. The beginnings
of `Set the controls' and `The Reason is?' are the real examples, but you
could say the same for the sort of cymbal punctuation in `Saucerful of
Secrets' and bits of `Paranoia'. Does anyone know if Dave or people ever
saw the Floyd in that period? With the timing it's not impossible as far
as I can see. Also, how do people rate this as an album? Interested to
hear some views,
                 Jazza
 |         Jon Jarrett, Pembroke College, Cambridge                      |
 |         (01223 327450)                 jaj20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk         |
 |      "`It's a Venusian space bassist,' said Turner the bird being."   |
 |            (Hawkwind, sleeve notes to 'Doremi Fasol Latido')          |