BOC: 10/5 Stone Mtn. Setlist

Bryan Irby irby at CRUX.ASTR.UA.EDU
Sun Oct 6 23:11:32 EDT 1996

For anyone who's interested:

BOC:

10/5/96: Miller Lite Chili Cook-Off, Stone Mountain, GA

Stairway to the Stars
Before the Kiss
ETI
Harvest Moon
Buck's Boogie
Incoming (?)
Cities on Flame
Last Days of May
Burnin' For You
Godzilla
Buck Solo Jam > The Reaper

Encore:
The Red & The Black

Comments: It was unfortunately a short show (they had to finish before
sunset since there were no lights for the stage), but it was certainly
well worth the drive.  I had hoped to hear more new songs, and Lips
in the Hills, but no dice.  They only played one song I'd never heard
before, the one labeled "Incoming"...  I'm not sure if that name is
correct (at first I thought it was called "Note From Me", but I think
I was able to rule that one out), but it was a fairly fun new Buck song,
along the same lines musically and lyrically as some of the Flat Out
material.  Buck's Boogie was the highlight of the show for me.

There was also an interesting addition to The Reaper - as noted above,
Buck played a short (~1 min) solo jam before segueing into DFTR.

The Chili people seemed to enjoy the show.

-Bryan