BOC: Simpsons

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Tue Oct 8 06:59:29 EDT 1996

> Did anyone see the episode of the Simpsons where Homer gets a job as a
> human cannonball? At one point, he utters the cry "Don't fear the reaper!"
> Wonder if Matt Groening is a BOC fan?

I dunno if its that significant. Like it or not, "Don't Fear the Reaper" as
a phrase has just achieved minor status in modern popular slang. It made its
way into Bill & Ted, probably Beavis & Butthead too sooner or later.

Tim

"you know when somebody's a cyberpunk if the music coming from their
 room sounds like a missile strike"
                                        The Faker's Guide to Cyberpunk