BOC: Good Deal?

Ted Jackson jr. EL 84 TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Tue Oct 8 11:20:39 EDT 1996

Daniel on my post:
> theo wrote;
> >Hey, I'm taking it easy on CN.
>
> I know.
>
> > You've doubtless read other comments
> >praising it.
>
> Yes I have.
>
> >I like White Flags, Dancing, Perfect, and Madness [the
> >musicianship, forget the gagging lyrics].
>
> I don't even like the cover!
>
> > This album's doomed due to
> >the presence of outside writers and the absence of Albert is
> >oppressingly obvious...
> >

> True, and I think Imaginos sounds more like BOC than CN.
>
> >Maybe not weak, certainly stands up very well indeed when
> >compared
> >to other bands.  But I'd say weak compared to the first several BOC
> >albums and Imaginos.
>
> ... you're right of course. I only listen to CE occasionally, not at all as
> often as I listen to their other albums (except for a few, I think you know
> at least one of them).
> >

> >BTW, The new ZZ Top album has the band posing in front of a wall of
> >ORANGE speaker cabinets...
>
> :-) :-)
> Do they use them as well?
>
>                 -Daniel Wikdahl
I don't know, but I imagine that they do.  Always preferred Marshalls
in the past.  It didn't show any amps, just spkr cabs.  They like to
mix up their gear from time to time, and those Orange cabs are built
like a brick shit-house. So they would fit right in with the ZZ vibe.
Their tour schedule doesn't include any dates in the area, but it's
only a partial, maybe they'll get up here later in the year.  When
they played here supporting Recyler, they played in the football
stadium and darn near sold it out...
theo