HW: Chalice of the Stars

Hawkwind Star_rats at HAWKWIND.COM
Tue Oct 8 15:45:14 EDT 1996

. Also, on the original albums,
>"Brainstorm" & "Time we Left" were edited. Surely they could have put
>the full versions on it (Is that them on Vol. 2?).

>>This couldn't have been done without re-mixing down the entire master
tapes. It would have been impossible to re-mix these tapes and come up with
the same sound  that makes the original so good. If you have ever seen or
mixed down even a 4-track porta-studio recording, you will appreciate the
problems involved.

The feeling was 'why run the chance of messing up a wonderful mix for the
sake of 10 minutes?' If you also compare the versions that are on the 'Vol
II' album with the actual Space Ritual lp, you will see what is meant by the
quality of the final mix.

Star Rats