HW: Adrian Parr

David Evans djve at DEAKIN.EDU.AU
Tue Oct 8 18:37:25 EDT 1996

 J Strobridge wrote:
> Bernhard Pospiech writes:
>
> > --=====================_844782321==_
> >
> > R0lGODdhMAIhA4AAAAAAAP///ywAAAAAMAIhAwACYYyPqcvtD6OctNqLs968+w+G4kiW5omm6sq
>2
> > 7gvH8kzX9o3n+s73/g8MCofEovGITCqXzKbzCY1Kp9Sq9YrNarfcrvcLDovH5LL5jE6r1+y2+w2
> > y+f0uv2Oz+v3/L7/D+jFRRAfU5fbH0Y5abUXZ7159x8MxZEszRNN1ZVt3ReO5Zmu7RvP9Z3v/R8
>

> Any chance he could send it you in English as well?   Tho' on second
> thoughts - given the size of it, maybe not.    Is it one of his
> publications?    He recently asked me to publicise these on boc-l
> but I regret I've never got round to doing it, so will look out his
> address and general info sometime before the end of the week in case any
> folk are interested!
>
> cheers
>
> jill

As a reader rather than a contributor to list I'll jump on this item. The
message sent was a picture in 'gif' format from the line:
and that means the original file needed to manipulated to fit into
the unix dominated mail servers.

The two main methods for encoding such a file are "uuencode" (now seen
less often) or mime (the newer method and gaining more popularity). This
was a mime encoded message from the line:

So you'll need a mime aware tools for your mail reader. There are plugons
available for Eudora, pine, elm, mh and probably most other mail systems
as well as stand alone programs for some systems.

Regards,

David

 Systems Programmer                    | Productivity Through Technology
 Information Technology Services       |
 Deakin University                     | email: djve at deakin.edu.au
 Geelong VIC 3217 Australia            | Also: root, postmaster, admin,
 Tel: +61 52 273384 Fax: +61 52 272010 |       webmaster & usenet.