HW: (Fwd) SA & CYM

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Oct 9 10:07:31 EDT 1996

Paul G Ward writes:

> This just came in from Rob Godwin .....
>
> Hello Mr Assassin,
> Can you do me a favour and post this onto BOC/Hawk archives??
>

> I've just been reading the BOC/Hawk archives and I can't believe that
> after waiting all these years for SA and CYM the only comments are
> "The track cues are in the wrong places" and "MM shouldn't be allowed
> to sing!" I'm a huge Hawkfan and I've spent the last four years trying
> to ensure that the whole catalogue made it to the streets of the USA
> and Canada, SA and CYM took 4 years of negotiating and then to cap it
> off we managed to make both available through EBS in the UK and with
> bonus tracks and bonus packaging. Did anyone notice any of this?? Hey,
> they're finally out!!!!!! I, for one, am happy about that and I'm
> sorry that we screwed up by putting Silver Machine on there once too
> many. By the way the cue stop is at the beginning of Arrival In Utopia
> (which is the track everyone seems to like).

Hey - this is a touch harsh!!!
The albums have only just been made available for purchase - very few
people have got them yet - I haven't and several other folk I know (who
would be willing to review) haven't either.    Also when the project was
first mooted there was a discussion and I can clearly remember FoFP
posted a long and very complimentary article about Rob Godwin with
appreciation for all he has done and the efforts he had put into getting
these two CD's available for circulation and distribution together with
thanks for his efforts.   And several people backed this up as well.

I endorse all of this - I'm delighted that the albums have finally made
it to CD and if anyone has kept copies of the previous correspondence
thanking Rob Godwin please could they forward it.

cheers

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk