HW: (Fwd) SA & CYM

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Thu Oct 10 11:36:29 EDT 1996

Bryan Pitkin writes:

> I agree the weird tapes are the way to go

I was just looking at this again.

However, doing a CD for each tape may not be The Best Plan.  Comparing
the codex to the tracklists we find that the following versions of
tracks are the only ones not yet on CD:

Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
        Nuclear Toy
Weird 102 - Hawkwind Live/ Hawklords
        Masters of the Universe
        Welcome to the Future
        Sonic Attack
Weird 103 - Free Festivals
        Damnation Alley
        Circles
        Slap it on de Table
Weird 104 - Hawklords Live 1978
        Micro Man
        Spirit of the Age
        Urban Guerilla
        Steppenwolf
        Freefall
        Uncle Sam's on Mars
Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77  [B]
        Back on the Streets
        Chronoglide Skyway
        Brainstorm
        Wind of Change
        Forge of Vulcan
        Steppenwolf
        Where are they Now?
Weird 106 - Hawkwind 1970-73
        Make What You Can
        Jam
Weird 107 - Dave Brock
        First Landing on Medusa  [The Awakening]
        Touchdown
        Choose your Masks
        Space Travellers
        Circles
Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73
        Down on Her Knees (73)
        Live and Let Live (73)
        Etchanatae (73)
        Roll `em Pete (66)
        Come On (66)
        Bring It on Home (68)

The three 1973 tracks from Weird 108, "Where Are They Now?" (preferably
a longer version), "First Landing On Medusa" (a sequel to The
Awakening?), and "Space Travellers" are tracks that appear nowhere else.
The others are early or live versions of already known tracks. There are
enough good versions to produce a single or double "Weird" CD. I'm not
sure that given the amount of Weird tracks which are already out there,
there's a case for reproducing each of the Weird Tapes in their
entirety.

So the question I put to the house is:

Which of these tracks are indispensable to a double CD?

If people send me their lists, in order of preference and marking which
Weird tape they're from, I'll run the poll software over the results and
we could forward 'em to Rob Godwin.

Cheers

FoFP