HW: (Fwd) SA & CYM

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu Oct 10 12:48:02 EDT 1996

Dave Berry wrote:

> > However, doing a CD for each tape may not be The Best Plan.  Comparing
> > the codex to the tracklists we find that the following versions of
> > tracks are the only ones not yet on CD:
>
> According to the copy I have (27 Sep 96), there are several more tracks that should be
> listed here.
>
> > Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
> >         Nuclear Toy
> The Dream I;Assassination;The Dream II
>
> > Weird 102 - Hawkwind Live/ Hawklords
> >         Masters of the Universe
> >         Welcome to the Future
> >         Sonic Attack
> Time Of
>
> > Weird 103 - Free Festivals
> >         Damnation Alley
> >         Circles
> >         Slap it on de Table
> Uncle Sam's On Mars
> Elements
>
> In any case, I would like to see these versions of High Rise and Robot
> included on the CD.  The first three tracks are all sequed together,
> and make an excellent tape.
>
> BTW, This version of USoM ends with The Iron Dream, although it's not
> in the track listing.
>
> Dave.
>
> --
> Harlequin Ltd., Technology Transfer Centre, King's Buildings,
> Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, UK.
> Tel: +44 131 668 1564

Nuclear Toy is on the Griffin edition of "Levitation," and Time of is on
the latest "Friends & Relations" ("Cosmic Travellers"), However, maybe
they could release tracks not re-released too much, such as these 2, and
also the tracks on the "Friends & Relations" LP's not on CD. How about
also re-releasing Dave Brock's first 2 albums complete, with the extra
"Weird Tapes" recordings & "Social Alliance," "Raping Robots on the
Street," as well as the songs that appeared on "Friends & Relations."

How about also releasing Nik's "Xitintoday" along with the extra
material, all ICU albums, as wll as the Imperial Pompadours on CD.

Yours,

William