HW: (Fwd) SA & CYM

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Oct 15 11:38:07 EDT 1996

Johan Edlundh writes:

> >> The Fifth Second Of Forever
> >>  L  1     Weird 103 - Free Festivals                  {Circles}
> >>  L  1     Hawkwind Live at Stonehenge and Watchfield  {Circles}
> >>     2     Levitation
> >>     2     Spirit of The Age ["Elite" compilation CD]
> >>     2     Silver Machine CD
> >>     3     Weird 107 - Dave Brock                      {Circles}
> >>  L  4     This is Hawkwind - Do Not Panic             {Circles}
> >>  L  4     Utopia 1984                                 {Circles}
> >>  L  4     Zones/Stonehenge CD                         {Circles}
> >>
> >> So the Weird 103 version is only on the vinyl bootleg of same, but the
> >> Weird 107 version is on the Stonehenge album in both formats and on the
> >> Utopia 1984 vinyl.
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >>
> >> FoFP
> >
> >heh- im embarrassed! i have both of these and didnt know....rj
> >thanks
>
> cannot find any "5th seconds of forever/circles" on my weird 107 - solo
> Brock demo's - there's only a "disintegration" sequence where tracklist say
> "circles" is.

Actually I've begun to suspect that the discography and Codex entries
for the weird tapes may be in error. Is anyone interested in checking
any of the tapes? Having tracks there which aren't listed, or tracks
listed which aren't there, or tracks with the wrong name would simply be
carrying on a Hawkwind tradition.

The discography entry is:

Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
        Over the Top
        Magnu
        Angels of Life
        Freefall
        Death Trap
        Nuclear Toy
        The War
        The Dream
        Assassination
        The Dream II
        Satellite  [later Phenomenon of Luminosity]
Weird 102 - Hawkwind Live/ Hawklords
        Quark, Strangeness, and Charm
        Masters of the Universe
        Welcome to the Future
        Spirit of the Age
        Sonic Attack
        Valium Ten
        Douglas in the Jungle
        Time of
Weird 103 - Free Festivals
        High Rise
        Damnation Alley
        Uncle Sam's on Mars
        Robot
        Cake Out
        Circles
        Elements
        Slap it on de Table
Weird 104 - Hawklords Live 1978
        Deathtrap
        Micro Man
        Spirit of the Age
        Urban Guerilla
        Steppenwolf
        Freefall
        Uncle Sam's on Mars
Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77-78  [A]
        [this tape was withdrawn and the later one released instead]
        Flying Doctor
        Back on the Streets
        Paranoia
        Chronoglide Skyway
        Back on the Streets
        Assassins of Allah
        Forge of Vulcan
        Steppenwolf
        Where are they Now?
Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77  [B]
        Back on the Streets
        Chronoglide Skyway
        Brainstorm
        Wind of Change
        Assassins of Allah
        Forge of Vulcan
        Steppenwolf
        Where are they Now?
Weird 106 - Hawkwind 1970-73
        Make What You Can
        Masters of the Universe
        Jam
        Hurry on Sundown
        We Do It
        Earth Calling
Weird 107 - Dave Brock
        Streets of Fear
        First Landing on Medusa  [The Awakening]
        Touchdown
        Winter of Discontent
        Choose your Masks
        Looking in the Future