BOC: Bolle - stirring up more trouble

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 16 11:46:15 EDT 1996

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Stephen Swann wrote:

> Troy Harris writes:
> >
> >   Perhaps next time when something is forwarded from *another* source we
> > could see some CONTEXT.  The guy is entitled to his opinion, no?  If he
> > doesn't like BOC-L so what?  If he thinks HW suck, so what?  So does my
> > mom.  If he thinks that certain CDs are worth certain sums of money- so
> > what?
>
> So, what you're saying is, Bolle is entitled to say whatever he wants
> he wants about anything, but we aren't?  Help me out here, I'm having
> a little trouble following this line of reasoning.

  No I did not say that.  No wonder you can't follow the reasoning,
because you are saying something that is not in the text.  You are being
eisegetical, extrapolating meanings not intended. :). I said, simply
put, he is entitled to his opinion- in his forum.  No one asked to see
his opinion on *this* forum, did they?  So, regarding his opinions, let
him have them.  Have yours too.  Let's just all make sure we are not
just bickering aimlessly over stuff that doesn't mean much anyway.
  The key word of this passage is "so what?".  At the end of the day- it
makes no difference what Bolle or whoever thinks about this list, as long
as those who enjoy it continue to do so.

> Well, anybody's who's so free with his opinions must be used to what
> people think of him by now.

....AND I don't think he cares.

> As for context, it's on alt.music.blueoystercult.  Anybody can fire up
> a newsreader and see the whole post, in all its halfwit glory.  I did,
> and I was mightily underwhelmed by the man's intellect.

 Not everyone has access to this.

  Troy