OFF: Supernatural Fairy Tales

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Oct 16 22:40:04 EDT 1996

Well, I finally went and got this, $62.99 be damned.  Someone asked for
more info on this, so here goes:

Supernatural Fairy Tales:  The Progressive Rock Era

Rhino Records, R2 722451.  5 CD Set.

Before I begine the set list I should the excellent 64 page
booklet laments the inability to include several bands in
the set due to licensing problems, singling out Pink Floyd,
Soft Machine, King Crimson, Camel, and Spinal Tap.  Well,
okay, not the last one.  Hawkwind is mentioned also in the
notes.  The lengthy notes discuss each song in detail.

Set List:

First CD:
America, by "The Nice"
Paper Sun, by "Traffic"
Repent Walpurgis, by "Procol Harum"
Private Sorrow/Balloon Burning by "Pretty Things"
Legend of a Mind by "The Moody Blues"
Kings & Queens by "Renaissance"
Sympathy by "Rare Bird"
Under the Sky by "Pete Sinfield"
Searching by "Klaus Schulze"
Sunrise by "Kingdom Come"

Second CD:
The System/Babylon by "Aphrodite's Child"
Death Walks Behind You by "Atomic Rooster"
Der Vierte Kuss by "Ash Ra Tempel"
Killer by "Van Der Graaf Generator"
Oh Yeah by "Can"
Knife-Edge by "Emerson, Lake & Palmer"
In the Land of Grey and Pink by "Caravan"
It Happened Today by "Curved Air"
Hocus Pocus by "Focus:"
Phrophet/Marvelry Skimmer by "Wigwash"

ThirdCD:
Perpetual Change by "Yes"
Lothlorien by "Argent"
Ladytron by "Roxy Music"
Radio by "Supersister"
Dear Little Mother by "Savage Rose"
The Musical Box by  "Genesis"
Roll Over Beethoven by "Electric Light Orchestra"
New World by "Strawbs"
Celebration by "Premiata Forneria Marconi"
Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression, parts 1 & 2 by "Emerson, Lake, & Palmer"

FourthCD;
Dancing with the Moonlight by "Genesis"
Siberian Khatru by "Yes"
Virginia Plain by "Roxy Music"
Warrior (!) by "Wishbone Ash"
Warinobaril by "Lard Free"
Mozambique by "Amon Duul II"
Round and Round by "Strawbs"
Questions and Answers by "Nektar"
Fils De Lumiere by "Ange"
Ritorno al Nulla by "Le Orme"
Without Words by "Clearlight"

Fifth CD:
Star Palace of the Sombre Warrior by "Seventh Wave"
Perfect Mystery by "Gong"
Free Hand by "Gentle Giant"
War by "Henry Cow/Slapp Happy"
Andra Sasten by "Samla Mammas Manna"
Let's Eat (Real Soon) by "Hatfield & The North"
Traccia II by "Banco"
Tröller Tanz (Ghost Dance) by "Magma"
It's a Rainy Day, Sunshine Girl by "Faust"
Mummy was an Asteroid, Daddy was a Small Non-Stick Kitchen Utensil by "Quiet
Sun"
Radar Love by "Golden Earing"
Inca Roads by "Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention"

=====

What, no Rush?  <g>

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm