BOC: Bolle - stirring up more trouble

Craig A. Shipley craigs at PYRAMID.COM
Wed Oct 16 23:30:07 EDT 1996

----------
From:   Andrew A. Apold[SMTP:mordru at MAGG.NET]
Sent:   Wednesday, October 16, 1996 9:25 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list BOC-L
Subject:        Re: BOC: Bolle - stirring up more trouble

>  Perhaps next time when something is forwarded from *another* source we
>could see some CONTEXT.  The guy is entitled to his opinion, no?  If he
>doesn't like BOC-L so what?  If he thinks HW suck, so what?  So does my
>mom.  If he thinks that certain CDs are worth certain sums of money- so
>what?

Fine, here is the complete text of his post.  It was posted in reply to a
bost about which version of Astronomy was the best, and made obvious
references to two other posts recently on alt.music.blueoystercult, one
asking if the "Live 1976" video was worth $15.99 at Best Buy, and one
praising E.T. Live as BOC's best album.  To my knowledge (I monitor the
group fairly regularly) no messages have been posted on there about BOC-L in
at least a month or so....

Anyways, just to make sure no injustice was done:

Bolles' blather blasted...

>Sales Figures will NEVER represent quality. So, For That, Agents Album
>sales crap... Who cares... it went to the lowest common denominator...
>People who only know the Hits, aren't fans, they're just casual music
>listeners and they like some shit they can sing along too, that's it!
>Fans look for exitement... all these other fill up losers just fuck things
>up for the rest of the society, leaving us with Overt Commercial crap to
>suffer from daily repeats on the FM Bands throughout the world.... I'll
>play my own music daily thank You!
>
>Further More:  BOC L  Sucks!  When they get rid of the heavy load of
>Hawkwind, it may turn legit, but in the meantime...
>Logic Rules, Stupidity Sux, as always!

So, it was just a casual "screw you and the horse you rode in on" kind of response from Great God Gregmar. Nice to know that we earn this kind of emotional apoplexy just by our mere existence. Wonder what would happen if we all logged into a.m.boc and tried to seduce the masses into joining us? "WE ARE BOC-L. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED. JOIN US. EXCEPT YOU, BOLLE." Wonder if he has a condom over his keyboard to keep it from shorting out when he starts foaming at the mouth... :-)

>Great Moments of latter day BOC are: RBN, Imaginos and 4 songs off Club
>Ninja  White Flags, Dancin' In The Ruins, When The War Comes (The Demo
>Rules), and despite its lyrics, Make Rock Not War. I like the track to
>Shadow Warrior, but "I'm A Rebel" is a lot more fun.. :-) and it sounds
>better with Eric singing it alone.

Newest piece of material was, what, 1986/87? Didn't he like BAD CHANNELS or CULT CLASSICS? Guess that the '90's have sucked for BOC...ooops! Used his word, I'm bad, forgive me...

NOT!

>Finally.... Live 1976 is it worth 15.99??? Who ever asked this.... Fuck
>You, ( I payed $80.00 for my LVD....) You  Tight wad Heretic! Save Yer
>Money and rename yourself Scrooge... IDIOT!!!!  Who Needs 'em in BOC?
>BOLLE_!_?

All this proves is that he has entirely too much disposable income. Oh, and that he is a first class, oh you choose the word; I'm trying to be nice here. (Wonder what the poor unworthy said in response to this nasty response to a request for info? Or did they just grovel and fling themselves from a high building?

Thanks for re-posting the whole thing, Roger. Even taken out of context, the quoted passages still stand on their own as immature prattle from a spoiled brat. Like I said "Some peoples' kids..."

objMindless Prattle: BRAVES WIN, BRAVES WIN! WE'RE NOT DEAD YET!

craigs at pyramid.com

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm