OFF: displaying picture discs

Johan Edlundh hawkjoe at EKA.ERICSSON.SE
Thu Oct 17 14:24:44 EDT 1996

At 17:54 1996-10-16 EST, you wrote:
>       I just tracked down a copy of the last HW picture disc for my
>       collection (12" only, no little guys).  I am now trying to
>       determine the best way to display these critters on my wall.
>
>       Does anyone have any recommendations on what to use for a display
>       frame?  I'll evaluate any reasonably priced products that someone
>       is willing to vouch for, but I'm also interested in any creative
>       methods (particularly if they are cheap :-).  Or _is_ there anybody
>       out there hanging this kind of stuff on their walls?

I use a Sabbath/Paranoid pic disc as a clock - I feel pubertal every time I
see it :0)

>       My current Kollection contains 8 LP picture discs:
>         - Acid Daze 1, 2, 3
>         - 3 from Official LogBook (Stonehenge, CotBS, O&I)
>         - Zones
>         - first album (this is the one I just ordered)
>
>       Any 12-inchers missing from this list?

got a note Xenon Codex was released as a pic disc, but this is unconfirmed
and probably not true.

isn't your Acid Dazers released as the original Samurai Anthology? (as in
the Approved History of triple LP set)

and AFAIK those are the only pic 7":ers - in various mispresses:

Silver Machine / Seven by Seven   (Doremi/Warrior pic disc)
Silver Machine x 2 / Psychedelic Warlords   (10th anniversary pic disc)
Silver Machine / Magnu   (shaped motorcycle pic disc)

but the best looking pic disc in the family must be the Brock - Social
Alliance / Raping Robots in the Streets 7" (pic is taken from the Earthed to
the Ground album, but fits much better on a circular format - a masterpiece
if you're a layout nerd...)

>       Captain Cloud
>       cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com

\\joe