HW: RE: CYM & SA crazy prices (was NTSC LiS Rumor)

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Oct 17 04:49:19 EDT 1996

In message <01BBBB94.1E665F00 at dynamic-13.async.pyramid.com>, "Craig A.
Shipley" <craigs at PYRAMID.COM> writes
>   I also noted that a number of advertisers in the latest Goldmine
>       are offering copies of the new SA and CYM for $20-30 each.  I
>       assume that these are imports.  USA customers remember that these
>       are available domestically for reasonable $12-15 prices!  Don't
>       spend too much money for an identical CD...

My local HMV has 'em at a full 15 UKPounds each. This is the first time
this year at least, that I've found a Hawk release oddly resistable.
Might have something to do with the vinyl copies I picked up earlier in
the year at around the same prices. Plus I had to get two copies of
Sonic Attack on account of the first copy found being irritatingly rare
in having two "side one"'s. :). Plus the twenty plus other Hawkdiscs
I've bought this year.

At a tenner each I'd snap them up but 30 quid the pair is a mite
swingeing at the moment. Does that make me a tightwad heretic too?
--
Jon Browne