In defense of Bolle

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Fri Oct 18 13:15:43 EDT 1996

> >Dave wore a BOC t-shirt on stage at Hammersmith Odeon in '78 or '79.
> >Either Vardis or Doll-by-Doll were supporting...
>
> Then it'd have to be '79 (Doll by Doll), 'cause '78 was Patrik FitzGerald, and
> Vardis was '80.  And wasn't it a Mirrors shirt????? - BOC had just played four
> nights at Hammersmith a month or so earlier on that tour.
>
> DbD had a fight or something, though, and there was a different (better)
> support at Ipswich a couple days later.
>
> - Andy

Well from memory        1977    -       Bethnal
                        1978    -       Patrik Fitzgerald/Somebody else
                                        Pf was support @ Portsmouth,but
                                        later @reading someone else.
                        1979            Doll BY Doll
                        1980            Vardis
                        1981            Mama's boys
                        1982            Baron Rojo

This list is most probably incorrect,since after seeing doll by doll
I didn't care much for support bands at Hawk gigs,except for the Ozrics
which I missed,as I thought they would be support on all the tour not
just the first date :-( and anyway there was more fun to be had in the pub
seeing how pissed huwey was.

btw anyone remember Marseille - they were bloody loud for a support band.

regards

Marty(finally back home in the land of Oz)

p.s Sonique I will call you