OFF: displaying picture disks

cjohnson cjohnson at HPSC.HISD.HARRIS.COM
Fri Oct 18 12:59:13 EDT 1996

> isn't your Acid Dazers released as the original Samurai Anthology? (as in
> the Approved History of triple LP set)

Actually, my "Acid Daze" 3LP box set contained _black_ vinyl only,
plus of course the booklet.  I purchased my 3 pic disk copies
of the same LPs by mail from some re-seller somewhere.

I am not aware of any copies of "Acid Daze" 3LP boxset that contained
pic disk vinyl.  I thought that the pic disks were released later,
and separately from each other.  Confirmation anyone?

A local store owner has hundreds of pic disks of all sizes hanging
on his walls with only a thumbtack through the middle hole of each.
This makes me cringe when I see the amount of dust built up on the
3 Acid Daze pic disks that _he_ has up there.  Disliking his display
is part of what prompted me to inquire on BOCL about hanging pic disks.
(He also refuses to sell them to me every time I inquire -- and him
not even a Hawk-fan!) :-(

> got a note Xenon Codex was released as a pic disc, but this is unconfirmed
> and probably not true.
And "Xenon Codex" was only released as a pic disk on _CD_, by GWR
(of which I also have a copy).

>    I have vinyl hangers that snap together.  You can hang up to
> something like 12 lps together, or use them separately.  I've got my
> Holy Trinity of Glasonbury Fayre and the 2 Greasy Truckers lps on the
> wall and they look good.  Nice thing is that they can be easily removed
> for use.  I've got plenty of the things around if you're interested...
> Wylie

Wylie, I'm interested. :-)
Can you describe them in a little more detail for me?  Also, how about
price (I assume Bananamoon is selling them?)
Wait-a-sec: are these for displaying the LP-cover, or the LP itself?
  (I'm still interested either way)

Captain Cloud
cjohnson at hpsc.hisd.harris.com

PS: Yuri, my mail to you bounced.  Please send me your street address.
I am still trying to send you a photocopy of the "Approved History".