OFF: displaying picture disks

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Fri Oct 18 18:04:40 EDT 1996

William Duffy writes:

> > Actually, my "Acid Daze" 3LP box set contained _black_ vinyl only,
> > plus of course the booklet.  I purchased my 3 pic disk copies
> > of the same LPs by mail from some re-seller somewhere.
> >
> > I am not aware of any copies of "Acid Daze" 3LP boxset that contained
> > pic disk vinyl.  I thought that the pic disks were released later,
> > and separately from each other.  Confirmation anyone?
> > PS: Yuri, my mail to you bounced.  Please send me your street address.
> > I am still trying to send you a photocopy of the "Approved History".
>
> To everyone
>
> My "Approved History" set was released as colour picture disks. As it
> claims to be a limited edition, maybe only so many were printed in
> colour. Or maybe there is confusion between the "Acid Daze" & "Approved
> History (Anthology)" sets, as they are the same, just different titles!

The sequence is (I think):

Anthology 1, Anthology 2, Anthology 3 -  all black vinyl released (if
memory serves me right) by Samurai

Approved History of Hawkwind  -  Anthology 1,2 and 3 released as pic.
discs using the cover art from the album covers.   They came as a
package in a blue plastic album together with a booklet written by Brian
Tawn.

Anthology 1 and 2 CDs (Anthology 2 contains a mixture of albums 2 and 3)

Acid Daze 1,2, and 3  - a black vinyl re-release of Anthology 1,2 and 3
with different album sleeves.

Acid Daze box set - Acid Daze 1,2 and 3 black vinyl albums released as a
box set together with a reissue of Brian Tawn's booklet

Acid Daze double CD containing all the tracks from Acid Daze 1,2 and 3

Anthology 1,2 and 3 pic discs released separately without the blue
plastic album or the booklet.

Anthology 1,2 and 3 CDs now released with all the tracks from each
original album.

I think that's the lot   8-)

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk