HW: (Fwd) SA & CYM

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Oct 18 23:59:09 EDT 1996

William Duffy wrote:

> I thought I'd jump back to a subject that caused quite a bit of
> controversy, and make a statement which will cause even more
> controversy.
>
> It is in regards to Michael Moorcock and his singing ability.
>
> Michael Moorcock is a better singer than Nik Turner.
>
> There! I've now set the cat among the pidgeons.
>
> William
>
> P.S. I think Mr. Moorcock would be an excellent choice to do Dalek
> voices!

        I'd agree, too, at least in some cases. I think each have their good
and bad days. Some of the Moorcock demos for Brothel in Rossenstrasse
and Entropy Tango etc were descidedly dodgy, but some were absolutely
fantastic. Some Nik stuff I particularly dislike, such as "Prophits
(profits) of Time", which is a horror.
        Absolutely all of New Worlds Fair I like, though MM doesn't sing all of
it. I'm probably biased, though, as I'm a Moorcock fan (ie his books),
so I'm bound to like it.
        All of the HW and related menmbers that I can think of have slightly
wanting singing skills, though. Nik often shouts, rather than sings.
Brock, well, he's just Brock. Tree...er...well, Captured Rotation was a
bit better....just. The only exception to this would have to be Mr Bob
Calvert. Who is God.
-Max Wilcox