OFF: (was Re: HW : Hammersmith supports '79, '80)

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sat Oct 19 15:11:46 EDT 1996

J Strobridge wrote:

> Andrew Gilham writes:
>
> > >I remember DbD and Vardis getting *the* worst treatment I've seen of a
> > >support except Cardiacs doing the Marillion tour, (I hasten to add, I
> > >was there for the Cardiacs.)
> >
> > Can't have been worse than Japan supporting Blue Oyster Cult in '78!
>
> or the poor lass (Jane Serrie?) who was supporting Mike Oldfield at
> his massive openair concert on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle.   It
> was the cruellest treatment I've ever seen a crowd give someone.
>
> jill

> J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
>                                                 ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk

Or when I saw Andy Gibb (Bee Gees younger brother) as support for Deep
Purple! Well, at least he deserved it.

By the way, was it HW who once did a charity concert with Vera Lynn???

William