HW : Hammersmith supports '79, '80

Bill Stewart Stewartbas at AOL.COM
Sat Oct 19 19:41:56 EDT 1996

>Evidently in those days, one showed just how much you loved the Hawks by
>telling the support how shit they were and chanting "Hawkwind" all the
>way through their set as if that would speed Hawkwind's arrival on stage
>or give Dave a warm glow when he saw how dedicated the fans were :)

After the very first HW tour of the states (73) there was always someone in
the audience at other rock shows who would wait for a nice quiet break in a
song to shout out HAWKWINDDDDDDDDDD. Usually would get about 6 or 7 others to
reply in kind. It was once mentioned in Circus magazine how these Hawkwind
morons can ruin a show.
You can hear yours truly doing this dastardly deed on the Nektar Live in Ny
album. I forget where you can hear it, but it is there. And Nektar was one of
my favorite bands.

regards,
Bill Stewart