HW: Final Programme

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Oct 20 00:31:39 EDT 1996

Mindwarp wrote:

> >William Duffy wrote:
> >>

> >> What song are HW playing on "The Final Programme" soundtrack? You can
> >> just about see them briefly in the scene at the nightclub.

> >        WOW! Is there a soundtrack for this film? I never knew! Do HW actualy
> >feature in the film, or is it just their music? I haven't seen the film
> >for about three years and am kicking myself that I didn't dub it when I
> >had the opportunity.
> >-Max
> >

> I thought I had the full version of this film, and there's no Hawkwind in
> sight.
> >From what I read, director Robert Fuest couldn't stand those hairy Hawks with
> their sonic destruction loitering about the set and decided to cut the short
> segment with them out of the film before it was even completed.......

I checked the video again. The scene HW reputedly appear in is a
nightclub set up like a giant pinball machine. There is a band
peforming, though you only get a very brief glimpse. I f you freeze
frame it, it's still impossible to make them out. The music being played
is not typical HW. It's more mid-sixties Psychedelia, the type with
cheesy organ that used to be heard in TV shows like UFO.

Even though it's not your typical Hawkwind sound, it does sound like
Dave Brock playing guitar!

I suppose the only way to find out the truth is to ask Mr Brock himself?

William